Faith Formation For All Ages
For a full listing of First UCC activities, click here.
Faith Formation Philosophy
At First UCC, we believe that faith development occurs across the lifespan. We celebrate the innate spirituality of every person. This means that we…
- Affirm the spiritual gifts found in people of all ages, from our children to our elders
- Respect diversity in faith, thought, background
- Explore the “big questions” of life together
- Ground our faith in the lessons, rituals, stories, and songs of the Christian tradition
- Frame our learning in the context of the progressive Christian values of love and justice for all creation
- Believe that everyone is “graced, gifted, and sent”: we all are beloved, we all have strengths, and we are all called to help change the world
Children and Youth Programming 2016-17
What’s For Me @ First UCC? See the latest details about programs here.
Faith & Service Together (F.A.S.T.) Information and calendar here.
Questions? Email Pastor Abby at email@example.com.
Our adult programs provide information, support, guidance, and companionship for the spiritual journeys of our members and friends. Contact the church office or check the most recent Chronicle for information about our programs, including:
- Nine to Dine – fellowship groups that share meals in one another’s homes
- Men’s Group – a bi-monthly opportunity for men to connect, share, and grow in faith together. 2016 Schedule here.
- Koinonia – more intensive fellowship groups that meet frequently for study and conversation
- Advent Series – fun, crafts, and carols for the whole family in the weeks before Christmas
- Lent Series – simple meals and inspiring programs during the weeks before Easter
- Adult Forums – Sunday morning speakers and programs on a variety of topics from Bible study and theology to social and environmental issues
- Bible and book studies – pastor- and lay-led