Children and youth are not “future Christians” in our congregations – they are disciples and vital parts of our church’s life right now! Contact the church office for more information about these great programs:
· Faith Formation (F.A.S.T. program) (Ages 3 through Grade 5) Mid-September through May, F.A.S.T. (Faith and Service Together) occurs Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m. The first Sunday of the month F.A.S.T. Families provides a large group faith formation experience for both the children and their parents as we share our faith journey together. The other Sundays of the month (F.A.S.T. Kids), the children gather in their classrooms, learning to nurture and deepen their relationship with God through a progressive and formational curriculum.
· Middle School Youth Group (Grades 6-8) meets at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday mornings with their families on the 1st Sunday of the month and as a Youth Group on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Sunday mornings for fellowship, service, learning and community building opportunities. They also plan social or service opportunities outside of Sunday morning meetings.
· High School Youth Group (Grades 9-12) September through December, High School youth usually meet the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays each month at 9:30 a.m. to explore their relationship with God, themselves and the world. Beginning in January through May, they will meet the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays each month. They also plan monthly social or service opportunities outside of Sunday mornings.
· Confirmation (Grades 9 or higher) January through mid-May, youth explore their faith through weekly meetings, service projects and field trips. Classes are held approximately every other year, depending on the number of students in this age group.
· UCC Regional and National Youth Events
· Summer Mission Trip for High School youth
· Angel Choir (Age 4-Grade 1) and Rainbow Choir (Grades 2-5)
· Pilgrim Point Camp near Alexandria